How are you?
I finnaly arrived in Italy. I love the hot that wlecomed me after a long cold winter full fo snow. When I arrived to the airport I found really nice people that helped me to find the way to Sabbioneta a little but amazing city in the countryside of Mantova.
Sabbioneta is a really strange but fascinating little city, with walls that go around quite all the city. It's so beautiful to walk around them and looking at the city and on the other side to the countryside.the walk it's relaxing and the city sounds are quite inudible.First news of Sabbioneta were found in a tombstone of the 591 a.c. that was discovered in 1563 and Sabbioneta was described as a opidium a place with walls all around the city.
But the most important person for this city was Vespasiano Gonzaga Colonna (1531 - 1591) with his wife Margherita Gonzaga (1562 - 1618).
It's thanks to this great person that Sabbioneta is the city we have today. Unlucky between 1746 and 1796 the castle was distroyed, like the armory.
In 1922 was distroyed another part fo the walls and a street was build called today Via Pesenti and just twoyears later where was the armory another street was build. Only from 1947 the city had the possibility to be restored.
7th of July 2008 became part of the the UNESCO's World Heritage List together with Mantova.
This city has a lot to offer: a wonderful and unique theatre, a Royal Palace, a Synagogue, a spectacular square sorrounded with old and new building, like the school that was build around 1931.
I love to go around the streets, there aren't a lot of cars and noises especially when the dusk comes and when the sky is painted by marvelous colors.
I hope to come here with you a day for a romantic travel.
With love, yours
Sigyn


0 comments:
Post a Comment