ty a lot for your mail, I am really missing you, and yes I am still around this marvelous country.
Yesterday I decided to go into the Appennini and above all in Bardi. It was a riny but magic day, it's special too see the clouds rising from the mountains.
This big fortess is known from 898 A.D., in which was registred the buying of the Fortess made by Everardo Bishop of Piacenza.
This majestic fortess was all made by red Jasper and it stood in a strategic point.
The Landi family, Renaissance Princes who also minted coins thanks to an imperial license, came into possession of the fortress in the middle of the 200 and kept it for 4 centuries.
But the most affascinating and romatic story of this fortess speak about Moroello and Soleste.
The story bgun when Soleste, that was betrothed to a man, fall in love with the Commanders of the Guards Moroello. It was a period of big fights and battle and Moroello had to go to fight. After a won he decided to wear the enemies to jeer them, but when Soleste saw the army coming back with the enemies insigna, she tought that Moroello died and the enemy won. She went on the tower and she threw herself from the tower of the castle. Moroello arrived and when he knew what made Soleste he killed himself because of the pain and of the sorrow.Now it seems that the ghost of Moroello walks around the tower. There is a photo taken by Gullà, a famous expert of UV/IR Spectrography, made a photo were it seems to be a human form. I love this romantic but tragic legend, and when I went to the Fortess it seemed to me to be projected into Middle Ages thanks to the silence I found there and to the magic of this place. I will send you more photos of this special place in few days. With love, Sigyn



0 comments:
Post a Comment