Discovering Val Trebbia, my first day

My Dear Tom
After few months I decided to travel again around this wonderful region called Emilia Romagna. I needed a place where nature dominates and I found what I was looking for in Val Trebbia, a famous valley near Piacenza.
There I found a lot of unknown and amazing jewelry. One of this magic place is Brugnello (456m) a small village where only 11 people live. News of this village date back to the 580 as cornerstone of
the Frankish county ruled by Breno, the founder of Brugnatelli family. The small street that takes there is a particulare one, with some wood and stone statue along it. The village is builded by stone and wood houses, with small streets builts into the rocks. The pictoresque view from Brugnello's curch overhaning the Trebbia River is amazing. It seems to be teleported in a another time when you walk around the village sorrounded by mountains. From there I founded a lot of paths that wind along the River Trebbia and Appennines.
Tomorrow I will visit Bobbio and its beautiful cathidral. In the mean time I will leave you other photos of Brugnello and its sorroundings.
With love,
Sigyn


Things to visit in Brugnello: the small village and the Curch
Where to sleep: B&B Torre dei Magnani, about 30 minutes from there or Hotel Rocca Rosa in Brugnello
Where to eat: Ristorante Rocca Rosa
What to eat: home made pasta, cakes, jam and bread
Other: there are pathways starting from Brugnello, there you can find a map.




0 comments:

Post a Comment