after leaving Brugnello I found a nice and amazing B&B. I had one bedroom (with a double bed), with stones on the walls and a dining room where during the moring, the preciuos owner will take you a vegan breakfast. I tasted a lot of delicius food: cakes, biscuits, bread and jam. The B&B was in a really quiet part of Rivergaro and during the night I heard no sounds.
After a succulent breakfast, I decided to visit one of the biggest city of Val Trebbia: Bobbio.
Bobbio io is about 40 km from Piacenza, along the road from Piacenza to Genova. The city is sorrounded by Appennino and it's river Trebbia.
The history of the city begun during the Neolithic Age and contines today. A lot of archeological remains testify the presence of Boi (Gauls of Celtic origins), Liguri and Romans.
The most important munument is the Abby of San Columbanus that marked the history of Bobbio for a lot of centuries. The Abbey was founded in 614 by the Irish monk Columbanus, who recieved the district from King Agiluf. DUring 1014 Bobbio was elevated to Episcopal See and sorrounded by walls to protect the city. Only in 1923 Bobbio became part of the province of Piacenza.
The streets take you to a different world, especially when you walk along the way that takes you to the castle. A lot of houses made by stones are still there and the S. Columbanos Abbey is a impoing building that leaves you breathless for its magnificence.
Here you can eat all the wonderful cold cuts of Piacenza, such as Coppa, Pancetta and Salame. You can eat mashroom and white and black turfle.
Tomorrow I will visit a special and strange place called Pietra Perduca, about 30 minutes by car from Rivergaro, where I had my B&B.
With love
Sigyn
Things to visit in Bobbio: S, Columbanus Abbey, Cathedral, the Old bridge, the Sanctuary of Nostra Signora dell'aiuto, Trebbia river,S. Francis' curch and monastery, the castle, abbey and town museums and S. Lawrance curch.
Where to sleep: B&B Torre dei Magnani, 15 minutes from Bobbio
Where to eat: Hotel & Restaurant Il Piacentino
What to eat: home made pasta, cakes, pancetta, coppa and salame
Other: horse riding, walking, mountain bikes, ski


0 comments:
Post a Comment