Discovering Via Francigena. (itinerary 1): Castell'Arquato

Dear Tom
today I am in a unique and fashiating place. When I approached it, I could see the city from far away. Castell'Arquato is builded on a hill that dominates the valley.
Probably was a roman castrum infact the first informations of the city are dated back around 700 a.C. when the curch Gran Madre of God was built. Only in 1541 Castell'Arquato gained his freedom.
If you like to walk around ancient streets Castell'Arquato is the right place for you. You can walk around the city without meeting people or cars and the silence is quite absolute and the wonderful view on the river Arda is a amazing.
With love
Sigyn


Things to visit in Catell'Arquato: Collegiata, fortess, Podestà palace, Torrione Farnese, Earl palace, walls and doors
Where to sleep: there are a lot of hotels and b&B in the city
Where to eat: there are a lot of nice restaurants
What to eat: coppa, salame, tortelli and a lot of good cakes




0 comments:

Post a Comment