Fornovo

Dear Tom
with this hot summer I really needed to go into the Apennini to see if I could find a little of fresh air, and I was lucky with in when I decided to go to Fornovo and other amazing places along the Via Francigena during my birthday (and I missed you a lot).
Fornovo is just few km form Parma and during the roman empire it became a really important place because of its position. But Fornovo is important above all for the fight that Charles VIII and the "Lega dei Collegati" who tried to stop him after he conquered the Regno di Napoli; it was the 5th of July 1495.
Sometimes I try to image who a city may have been along the history, but I think that ornovo and its sorrounding didn't change a lot even if between 1800 and 1900 petrol and railway chenged Fornovo, and later the CISA street.
During the Second World War, Fornovo had 144 airstrikes because of that, but were civilians that suffered most becuase the most important targets didn't get a lot of damage.
Today Fornovo is a quiet place to stay.
With love
Sigyn

What to see: Curch of S. Maria Assunta,, Villa Corona (VXII century), mine oil of Valezza
What to eat or drink: salame, prosciutto, tortelli, maltagliati, Malvasia, Lambrusco and Gotturnio







0 comments:

Post a Comment